DD install with custom made bezel (95-99)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my DD installed in my 98. I made a custom bezel opening by using two OEM bezels. I lowered the HVAC control and did some minor trimming and grinding inside the stock radio opening. It took a some time but wasnt too bad. I had the inner part of the bezel hydrodipped in carbon fiber.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some progress pics of me redesigning the bezel open.

Last edited:

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I could have lowered the HVAC contrpols another 1/8" but it would have required a LOT more time and effort removing plastic. I did NOT remove any material from the top of the dash like people have to do with the DetailSS kit or those that choose not to lower the HVAC controls. The thing I need to do to finish this all up is find another switch bracket for the 3 vertical switches I have. The bracket I have now is distorted and doesnt snap in correctly.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
one of the cleanest installs Ive seen great work!

my goal was to make it look as stock as possible. Fitting a radio that is 7" deep and 7" high is quite the challenge. What didnt help was the massive amount of wiring that hangs off the back of the deck. I hope that Pioneer allows firmware updates through an SD card because I really do not want to have to pull this deck out to get to the USB hub in the rear. If I do have to pull it then I'm going to run a backup camera at the same time.

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you dip that yourself? I'm in the process of doing the same thing and I'm trying to figure out how much film I need