Day time runners on my '93?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Parking lights on my truck have two bulbs, can one bulb on each side be wired as a day time runner? If so, how?

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I want to do this too!

First, there are 2 bulbs in each housing. The amber bulb is a 2357A. A white bulb that fits the same socket would be a 1157. Although if I ever get around to it, I'm going to use an LED bulb for the driving lights. Cut the wires for the driving lights and run them to the ignition.

BUT! If you notice inside the housing there is an open gap between both bulbs. You will have to separate both bulbs or the different lights will mix together and look like ****.
What I planned to do was, cut with a hacksaw a slot on the back of the light. Slide in a thin piece of plastic to separate the lights and glue it in place.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I cant be 100% positive but I thought my were divided? Wouldnt have thought about needing the divider though.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
My stock housings have an air gap in them.

I was just thinking last night it would be cool to put some H3 bulbs in as the DRLs. I have a bunch of those laying around. I would have to swap to a clear housing with better reflectors though. The stock housing doesn't have a good reflector, just the lens spreads the light.

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been wanting to run DRL's in my 92, but the stock way with the headlights. I know in Canada it was a requirement from 1990 on, so I can't imagine it would be too difficult, but have as yet found no information on whether it would be as simple as plugging in the DRL circuit board and where it would go.