Dash command /torque Pro, Cam position retard/offset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve had an absolutely crappy experience with Palmer performance/ dash command this past week. If you need software, go elsewhere- doug there has been less than helpful and if not for a neighbor I would still be stuck.

Who can successfully read their cam offset and what Obd2 connector & program are you using?

I know a lot of guys on here are going to say they use dash command but I literally have been going over this for days and do not see a PID for it unless I go on apple app. The only Obd2 they say is supported for apple isn’t available for purchase.

Currently have tried obdlink SX with dash command (+gM package), veepeak with dash command on IOS and android (won’t connect via veepeak) and torque pro (connects but no PID for cam)

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ordered the obdlink mx+ and was FINNALY able to see the PID using dash command on my iphone.

Palmer Performance has stepped up and put some work into my issues using the windows version of their software (dash command and scan xl both had issues). re issued licensing and have gotten both my apple app working ( wasnt allowing me to even open some areas) and scan XL functions as it should now with both licenses (generic + GM package) on the laptop. i will go back out in the sunshine tomorrow and make sure the PID for the cam is there under validation.

interesting find was that the cam offset read 0.1 on the torque (im pretty sure thats what my neighbor had) and .4 on the dash command. i did adjust to .1 and surprised it makes such a difference at driving speeds. unfortunately i made the rookie mistake of not greasing the contacts on the cap so m not running as smooth as i should still. going to swap dist and redo all this stuff once im back working on this truck.