Dash button to floor shifter swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Sounds good either way. My Tahoe was push-button 4WD. It was trouble-free for the 240,000 miles I had it. The thermal front diff actuator gave me a hard time, but many of the earlier trucks had that same problem.

The only thing I could see gaining is putting the transfer case in neutral should you need to flat-tow it.

RustyRigs

Reaction score
This was one of the things I was most interested in. Wasn't sure if the front axle would stay electric or not

Yes it stays electric, I had to run a 12v power lead to the actuator for power, and the system is grounded by the switch on the transfer case - for the motors at least. This is because when grounded, the motor engages out "in 4x4", and when taken away it pulls itself back, disengaging the unit. There's one more lead on the plug that recieves 12v when the system is grounded, and it's for the indicator lights. Hope this helps.