Daltons 2007 Mazda 6s.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I don't plan on doing a lot to this car since it's just my DD, and any extra money I have i'd rather spend on the truck. But i'm just going to use this for pictures and help when needed, like now. To start off it's a 2007 Mazda 6s, bought it 2013 after high school with 42k miles on it. Now it's sitting at 105k. It has the v6, and the six speed automatic.
You must be registered for see images attach

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I am having a problem with my car now. I have 2 codes for the CEL, one has been there for a year, the other one is recent. The first code is P0421 - Warm Up Catalyst System Right Efficiency Below Threshold, and the other is P2229 - Barometric Pressure Sensor 'A' Circuit High. The first one I was told I could have a bad Catalytic converter, or o2 sensor. But i've had this code showing for awhile and it never effected the performance. Now the second one I have no idea what it is, I read that it could be a bad EGR valve, but i'm not sure. The car now struggles to go anywhere when given power, it takes forever to get 0-60, and sometimes when the RPMs are in the 3-4k it makes a whistling noise. So I was wondering if you guys think it's the P2229 code causing this, or both. And to see if you guys know what the P2229 code is for sure. Any help is appreciated, thanks.