Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With as much time and money as you're putting into the truck, it would be a shame not to rehabilitate the chassis. Regardless, I'm enjoying seeing the progress and new life you're breathing into the truck. Keep it up!

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Got a message yesterday about some issues with the 3rd door body lines lining up with the body line on the back of the cab. It’s an OEM door so not sure what happened, but it had to be shimmed.

Today I got a couple photos of this, which looks way better than it did. Looking back at old photos and some of other trucks, it’s not far off. Cab corners still need to be worked on, but it’s coming together little by little.

You must be registered for see images attach

The old door for comparison

Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a message yesterday about some issues with the 3rd door body lines lining up with the body line on the back of the cab. It’s an OEM door so not sure what happened, but it had to be shimmed.

Today I got a couple photos of this, which looks way better than it did. Looking back at old photos and some of other trucks, it’s not far off. Cab corners still need to be worked on, but it’s coming together little by little.

The old door for comparison

Life's not perfect and sometimes you just have to accept the best you can get. I would be happy with that under the circumstances and as my wife always tells me "nobody else is ever going to notice it, just you" and she is right most of the time. :)

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could always take it to Junior Conway's shop, wait two years, and pay $50k+ to get it straightened and painted. I read once where he was having trouble correcting the bodywork on a '60s Ferrari, so he took measurements. The car had been hand-built and one side was a full 1/4" off from the other side. He took the better part of a year to cut the bodywork apart and correct it before he painted it. You know you're good when you cut and weld a classic Ferrari and increase the value.