cv axel play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slimedog

Reaction score
i have a 1994 k1500 4x4 replaced the front drivers side cv axle. have a lot of play play in it and not engaging in 4 wheel hi or low ?????

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What sort of play are you referring to? Play in the CV, play in the front drivetrain with the wheels off the ground, or something else?

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are describing the axle shaft coming out of the differential. It is held in with a spring clip and if it comes out (about 1 inch will do it I think) it is no longer engaged in the differential spider gear and you will not have 4 wheel drive. You should be able to drive it back into place fairly easily with a dead blow hammer or similar. If it pops out again there may be a problem with the spring clip.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think you are describing the axle shaft coming out of the differential. It is held in with a spring clip and if it comes out (about 1 inch will do it I think) it is no longer engaged in the differential spider gear and you will not have 4 wheel drive. You should be able to drive it back into place fairly easily with a dead blow hammer or similar. If it pops out again there may be a problem with the spring clip.

This.