cutouts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wintimidator

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend just showed me exhaust cutouts and they seem really cool does anybody have these or experience on them on what would be best to get?

Thanks

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QTP makes some nice ones, installed them on a buddy's F-body. They open electrically, so you can go from muffled to open exhaust and back again with the flick of a switch. The other side of the coin are the cheaper (but just as effective) Y style cutout with a plate to cap off the exhaust. All you have to do is pull over, remove three wingnuts, and you have open exhaust. Not as cool, but FAR cheaper. If you have a well built exhaust, then gains will be minimal or non existent, and they really only serve as something to have fun with. I wouldn't run em, but to each his own!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Just installed a couple electric cut outs on a friend LS1 GTO a while ago. It's a complete sleeper until you open them up. :D

wintimidator

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since currently it's stock I'll probably put electric in and leave everything else to switch between the two are there any advantages/disadvantages of putting theme in before or after the cats?

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as long as they are after the first o2 sensors it should be fine but will probably throw the ses light if ya dont have o2 sims replacing the rears. that being said, i wouldnt expect much rumble if you still have cats. my truck didnt get loud until i removed the cats even with super 10s.