Cross drilled rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade to some cross drilled front rotors & performance pads, anyone have any suggestions on good brands?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade to some cross drilled front rotors & performance pads, anyone have any suggestions on good brands?

A few guys have mentioned r1 concepts, I have used powerstop on my wife's Honda. Hawk makes great pads. Whatever you do absolutely avoid cross drilled brake lines, no pedal feel whatsoever.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of cross drilled rotors and they cracked....replaced them with R1concepts slotted rotors and thermo pads....

Honestly, stock rotors and GOOD PADS is all you need....

Reaction score
Cross drilled rotors were developed to aid in venting gasses that were formed under pads of older disc brakes. The pad material would create a cushion of gas between the pad and rotor, reducing the effectiveness of the brakes. The holes in a drilled disc would allow this gas to escape and improve brake performance in racing applications. However today pads do not have this problem, as materials have come a long way. Drilled rotors are in no way beneficial to disc brakes today. In fact you will not find race cars with drilled rotors. Slotted rotors are a different story...

So in short do not buy drilled rotors! They tend to crack and cause problems. Plenty of material out there about this topic, interesting stuff!