Cowl hood or Ram Air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
I like the cowl hood over that ram air... i really like the look of the ram air kind of bull nose look.

Favorite hood:
You must be registered for see images attach

My hood:

I always liked the 442 style hood BUT I'd stick with the cowl hood. Off topic did you ever see (or care)what happened to the truck with the 442 hood on it ?

AJKZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i like the picture that blue_92_sierra put up with the shallow ram air. I might go with that because its something that not everyone has like a cowl hood, but i am biased, so i may change my mind again haha

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which Ram Air did you go with? Do you have any pictures?

It is the one that blue_92_Sierra put up, it is a 2 inch rise. Was thinking of not putting it on until I got my new doors, fenders and sills. Besides the rust had lots of damage to the fender and most of the door sill when the tire decided to blow the tread off.

I got it from the same place as the ebay thread.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i am also undecided on this,, i really like both hoods,, i just bought a 3" cowl hood at a swap meet for $150,,, but i have that ram air hood on my camaro.. lol pic of the camaro

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it actually looks better on the Camaro as it is longer. A guess you guys are making me putting this on sooner than I was going to. lol

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do it!!!!! post some pics too LOL

I will not have time for at least a couple of weeks, this weekend was by back and hip MRI then the daughters starter went out over an hour away in the middle of the night Saturday so had to pick her up and then run back there Sunday and fix it, at least it died at a Walmart so had some room to work on it thought we pushed it out of the way where less people would park but nope. Next weekend is my daughters Graduation from College and mother coming back from out-of -state and the grad stuff takes up all of Friday and Saturday. Just need more time and to find somebody that will actually help.