Considering **** an LT4 Hot cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
So I been reading up on the Lt4 Hot cam swap..

Basically I am looking for at least a noticable increase in horsepower, and of course that lopey idle because to me its like angels singing.

As of right now I have a completely stock 5.7l which I am pretty happy with the power it puts out, could be better.. especially if I upgraded to 4.10 gears for the 33s, and got headers. Only mod done to engine was the pop can bottom on the intake silencer box port.

Anyways the stock lift for these engines is about .460, and the LT4 pushed .492.. So I will need to upgrade the factory heads a little bit..

Which means..

GM PART # 12499224
DESCRIPTION: Valve Spring Kit (2001-2004 LS6 engines)
Kit includes 16 LS6 springs.
$54.08 gmpartsdirect.com

Comp Cams 787-16 Retainers
$49.25 from Summitracing.com

Valve stem seal
s
SEALED POWER Part # ST2015
Each $1.85 Rockauto.com
For a Dodge Daytona Turbo 4 cylinder

Of course.. the cam
GM LT4 Hot Cam
Summit Racing Part Number: NAL-24502586
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal-24502586?seid=srese1&gclid=CM3K2eWk_7sCFTJo7Aoda0QAKw
$239.97

Also most people recommend the nelsonperformance tune.

Anyone done this swap?

Im pretty excited about doing it, I just would like some positive reinforcement and/or pros/cons, do's/don'ts. Or exhaust videos.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I'm looking into the same swap! Except I think I'll go with Comp Beehive springs for more durability. As far as I know, it's pretty straightforward, just need a tune!

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive been reading alot about this.. Im gathering parts myself the hardest part would be getting it dialed in properly

Vortec powered iphone:D