confuzzled on a tail light issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got a 99 GMC ecsb 1500 with some blinker issues. When i turn on either left or right blinker, the front blinkers work and the back blinkers do NOT. They flash a little quicker than normal but not as rapid as when there is one burnt out, we compared it along side my dads 99 cclb dually. On top of not having blinkers in the rear I also dont have any brake lights. But now the confuzzing part is that the running lights work fine which says that all my grounds are good.

So far i have checked the bulbs, they are in good shape. Checked all the fuzzes on the side of the dash and under the hood and they all check out.

Kinda leaning to signal switch but i've read about some flashers under the dash for blinkers and not sure if their are seperate ones for front and back or how they work.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because parking lights work DOES NOT mean the grounds are good. The parking lights could be back feeding thru the stop/turn signal circuit to ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Mck

Reaction score
I have similar issues. Right side turn signal don't flash with the headlights on and parking lights are brighter than the left side. Light works fine. Could i be getting a back feed through the ground on the right side parking light?