Computer help for carb swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ECM needs to see DRPs (Distributor Reference Pulses) from the ICM to turn on the fuel pump or, your Oil Pressure switch on the back near the distributor will turn it on as a backup.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting! No advance mechanism, Goes against everything I know with old school and new technology, and still run smooth without burning pistons, having a load of knock or being a bear to crank. Worked on one not to long back that had a MSD box attached to a small cap factory dizzy only using the pickup. But the MSD controlled all the timing.

Is the Sniper controlling the timing? I have not studied those setups!
It still has an advance mechanism, it is just electronic built into the module. I have used a couple for drag type vehicles but usually use a marine module that has more of a curve.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wiring diagram in the factory service manual is right there. All the information, what wire goes to what sensor, switch, control etc. Your answers would be right there.