Colormatch grille?

What color to paint grille?

• Colormatch

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Black

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I'm just taking a poll to see what people think would be better for my color truck: champagne/pewter

I currently have a tan/black theme: truck is tan with black wheels, black grille guard, black repainted trim, and soon to be black bumpers.
My question is would a tan colormatched grille look better than a black one, regardless of my theme?

Also, as obvious as this may be, just vote for one option. For some reason I allowed multiple answers...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I vote to colormatch the grille Kevin! OR better yet, colormatch a GMC grille! Truck looks great by the way!

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I vote to colormatch the grille Kevin! OR better yet, colormatch a GMC grille! Truck looks great by the way!

HA! Thanks Baron, I'll admit I really like the GMC grilles, plus my chevy grille has a large crack near the fan shroud...so many things to buy so little money!

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Color match for me as well. I like the GMC grilles too, is there a way to get the Chevy Bowtie on the GMC grille?

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Color match for me as well. I like the GMC grilles too, is there a way to get the Chevy Bowtie on the GMC grille?

I've seen it be done several times and you can see some on google images but I haven't seen any for sale anywhere. Looks like they just put a bowtie insert into a GMC billet grille.

On another note, it seems color match is winning by about 100% haha. This is what I expected and its what I want to do but its gonna cost me.
What do you guys think about this: http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/buypaint.aspx
its a paint code match in a rattle can so I wont have to worry about buying a spray gun, or at least finding our old one

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
As long as you take your time with prep work rattlecan wouldnt be to bad but you would wanna clear it as well

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
As long as you take your time with prep work rattlecan wouldnt be to bad but you would wanna clear it as well

Ya I'd have to throw in some primer and clear when I make the order, but I've heard good things about this company and that their colors are near perfect matches

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I vote is use Plastic-Dip for your bumpers and grill is you don't like it just peel it off.