COKL C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crankinstein

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a new C1500 owner who is happy to have finally found an owner's site specifically for the 4th Gen Trucks.

I am excited to be back in a truck, my last one being a '93 Dodge Dakota Sport which was sold in 2003, especially a truck with a storey. The truck I have just purchased was my GF's Grandfather's truck of 14 years which has towed their trailer out East as well as all the way to Alaska and back. He has lovingly maintained the truck with the kind of love normally reserved for those living and breathing, and he has never had even so much as a hiccup in it's performance, nor has he ever had to add a drop of oil between changes.

The safety check came back with a list only three-points long: Driverside Rocker, Wheel Arch and Lower Tailgate needs attention. Mechanically it's perfect, but that's what you get when it's been seen by the same mechainc for the last 14 years (and when you're related to that mechanic you're bound to get the best service, advice, and price). I'm not worried even in the slightest about this bodywork, especially after my last project (an 88 Toyota Alltrac that basically had the whole lower half replaced piece by piece lol) and my access to resources like sheet and tools.

How I got the truck was a stroke of pure luck since at first they didn't want to sell to family for fear of the unavoidable guilt should something expensive go wrong. I had asked about it once before, and at the time they weren't even considering selling it, but upon further reflection he realized that he hadn't put even a tank of fuel through it in the last year and it would be better appreciated in my driveway than his.

The price was...suffice to say a great deal for both sides, especially considering the next time he needs something he'll not only have a truck at his dispossal but the labour to go along with it lol

To cut this long-winded expression of my utter excitement over my new truck short...expect lots of silly questions from this, your newest member.

crankinstein

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I'm glad to hear you appreciate a truck with a storey as much as I do!

No pictures yet, but soon and then many (during my Alltrac build I photgraphed every piece at least a dozen times) lol

I am still yet to actually get the keys to the truck as we just made the deal on Friday afternoon before going away (in opposite directions) for this long weekend.

crankinstein

Reaction score
Pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

Rough Spots:

Bike Fits:

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
Definitely a good truck. Especially if the driveline is in as good of shape that you say it is in. Got any plans for it?