CodyB's '96 Silverado Chat Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So the car hauler we just bought, the welds on the spring hangers look just like the ones I did on my hitch... In other words, I'm pretty sure it was all in my dads head that my welds were crap....

Probably so, pic of the new car hauler, I'm needing to buy one as well, but I need a 20ft' one.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I'll try to get one when I go home, it's a 16' with I think a 4' dovetail. It's long and wide... I'll definitely HATE Searcy streets if I drag it down towards Damascus...I think it's a 82" wide deck.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll try to get one when I go home, it's a 16' with I think a 4' dovetail. It's long and wide... I'll definitely HATE Searcy streets if I drag it down towards Damascus...I think it's a 82" wide deck.

That's how I feel about having to tow a trailer through Conway, especially down the old Harkrider street, the tire's were on top of the inside and outside lines all the way. How do you go to Damascus when you go, I wondered because the highway we live by goes to Rose Bud on the way to Damascus?

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Right thru Rose Bud, and we usually stop at the Ramblin' Rose for a good dinner. If I have to tow this thing, I'll go down to Conway to try to avoid the narrow stuff between Searcy and Damascus. And to avoid the Tankers that take their corners in the middle.........

I'm ready to rebuild my Sub box AGAIN. I just got this one together less than a year ago... Its nothing fancy, Just a big "L" ported Square enclosure. I'm shooting for a "T-Line" 1/4 wave design, it will be 9" tall and the entire width and length of the back cab. All for One 15" Sub. That box is tuned for the subwoofer and is nothing but one long port. I'm going to try to fit the back seat back in there, raised up so there will be some leg room. And I want to grab a 2200 watt RMS amp to push the 15. Its Demanding more power from me.

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I am very familiar with that place I have eaten there several times, and it sounds like you have some good plans on your new sub cabinet!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Im with draggin on the inside of the tgate I was gonna smooth mine too but I knew it would drive me crazy with the rest of the bed not being smooth.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I think I'm going to at least attempt to make the handle relocation plate bolt in instead of sheet metal screws, maybe try to make it flat and do the sheet metal work to make it look right at the bottom.

And I do appreciate all the input you guys are throwing out there, to me all of it is good as long as it is constructive in some way, or at least is not a flamewar/bashfest, because I do know and understand that everyone has their own opinion and they will differ. And sometimes a reality check is needed, like the tailgate filler doesn't look the greatest so its going under the knife again for more work.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree totally, if everyone thought the same it would be boring and everything would look the same, and I also frequently cut thing's up and modify them because I don't like how they look, I have my handle relocator modified too, because I didn't like how it fit with my raised floor.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of it in your build thread? And I have not forgotten about getting you the picture of the car hauler, but I haven't had a good opportunity yet.

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem man, and I don't have a pic and it's not put together right now, because of hopeful paint plans.