Clutch not disengaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrunetuckyMuddin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my clutch isn't disengaging all the way and I really need to fix it. When you press the clutch to the floor it's not disengaging all the way and it's makin it hard to shift and I'm sure it's bad for my tranny, I'm assuming it my clutch slave cylinder since it feels like the pressure plate isn't coming out all the way, what do you guys think? And it's a nv4500

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have you bled the system? air in the lines will compress and not give full pressure to the plate

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've seen a fair bit of discussion on how to bleed brakes, on the forum. This seems like a good place for someone to post up a procedure for bleeding the clutch/slave cylinder.
Anyone?
Anyone?
(Buehler...Buehler...)

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
First off get some rags :)
Pop the top off the master cylinder, top off if necessary.
Have one guy in the truck depress the clutch pedal to the floor. Hold the pedal down.
Crack slave bleeder until spitting/shooting out fluid slows down.. close bleeder, release clutch pedal (slowly)

Check MC, top off if necessary, repeat as many times necessary.

IF you have any spots in the line with a bend, or a twist, tap the line with a ratchet or screwdriver, helps bring some trapped air bubbles out..

99% Sure that's exactly how I did mine and it worked great. Even with a bent push rod :shrug: