Cluster cutting out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve95

Reaction score
Had a problem the other day... Started my truck and the check gauges/check engine lights were on and oil pressure gauge was not working... Neither was the temp. It was pegged when the truck was off after sitting for hours. So I shut it off, then started it a couple times and it came back. Since then my oil pressure has been all over the place. Is my oil pump going out? Or is my gauge acting up? How can I check it?
Thanks,
-Steve

Steve95

Reaction score
The gauge goes to zero and the check gauges light will come on when I come to a stop and take off, but after a second it comes back up

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It sounds like you are having gauge wiring issues. To check the oil pressure and get a true reading, you need to check the oil pressure with a manual gauge or test gauge. You will need to removing your original sensor, and installing the test gauge sensor, then run the truck to see what you get. If you have any oil loss when changing out sensors, you will need to top the oil off before starting the truck of course.