Chris AU's '92 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Nice bumper man! Def looking forward to seeing pics of it when you get it installed. Like i said in another thread getting TAG bumper isnt really an option due to the costs of getting it up here in canada. However i have managed to convince my buddy to build me a very similar bumper using 4"x4" square tubing and plate steel. But i will be adding vent openings like my stock Diesel bumper to the front of my truck since my truck is a Diesel and needs the extra cooling.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bout time you ordered your bumpers....im getting a welder next week hopefully so i can make my own bumpers...hopefully

but nice looking bumpers...ive thought about both of those on my truck too

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Ordered the rear this morning! It is about a 4-5 week lead time, so I'll have it much sooner than the front.

Also getting heavy in my winch research now. Leaning towards a Rough Country RS12000S, 12000 lb electric with synthetic rope. I've been looking all around at shackles, tow straps, tree savers, and what not...day dreaming of winching my way through trails lol

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Grabbed a pic today when I got home from work with the newest mod complete, no tires in the bed! haha

You must be registered for see images attach

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Grabbed a pic today when I got home from work with the newest mod complete, no tires in the bed! haha

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks real good bro!
How are you liking the lift? Would you recommend it?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm loving the lift, I don't get to drive the truck much but I do love it.

Update on the build:

Still waiting on my replacement intake manifold to come in...some people don't think that USPS checks the weight of packages you print labels at home for...grrr.

Buttt once that comes in (hopefully next 3-4 days), I'll be taking the truck in for an intake gasket job (again), and while they have it I'm getting them to throw on a new MAP sensor, TPS, knock sensor and pigtail, and EGR valve. Every electronic piece under the hood will be new then. Also gonna get them to charge the A/C.

I also ordered my CB antennas and mount this week, gonna do double 3 ft black firestiks, mounted on the rear edge of the bed. About to pull the trigger on a UWS Low Profile toolbox also (I HATE my current gull-wing style box). Still haven't quite decided what CB to get.

I did get my confirmation invoice from TAG yesterday for the bumper, looks like we are 8 weeks or so out from it. Should have the rear within 3 weeks.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
It also crossed my mind this morning that once I am without my chrome OEM bumpers the 94-98 Grill I put on will be the only chrome left on the truck...strongly debating getting a primer'ed grill and color-matching it.