Chisholm Lowering Kit Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

River Runner

Reaction score
I recently picked up this 96 Yukon 2 door. It has lowering lower control arms in the front and lowering leafs in the back. It rides like crap . :fca5278d: Does anyone know anything about these kits? If I remove the overload leaf will it ride any better? If I can this lowering kit what should I replace it with? I want to end up running 20's and getting rid of these 17'. What kits are you guys running?

What do you guys think if I go with DJM 3in lower arms with belltech 1in springs up front and belltech 3.5in leafs and 2in drop shackles in the rear? The belltech's have to be smoother then these. What do you guys think I should do?

Heres the new sled.
You must be registered for see images attach

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
If I remove the overload leaf will it ride any better?

What do you guys think if I go with DJM 3in lower arms with belltech 1in springs up front and belltech 3.5in leafs and 2in drop shackles in the rear? The belltech's have to be smoother then these. What do you guys think I should do?
i wouldn't remove the overload leaf

not supposed to run drop springs with drop arms

River Runner

Reaction score
i wouldn't remove the overload leaf

not supposed to run drop springs with drop arms

Why cant you run drop springs with lower arms? What about lower arms and spindles?
So what would you do? Will a better shock help it ride better? Like taking out the Toxic Shocks and going with Monroe's?

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
you're basically going to have zero suspension travel with arms and springs. also, it will put the pocket of the arm really close to the ground. example:

i wouldn't use arms, bad idea IMO. i'd do a 2" spring and a 2" spindle with Doestech shocks

Attachments

• S6300063.jpg
    S6300063.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 14

River Runner

Reaction score
you're basically going to have zero suspension travel with arms and springs. also, it will put the pocket of the arm really close to the ground. example:

i wouldn't use arms, bad idea IMO. i'd do a 2" spring and a 2" spindle with Doestech shocks

I appreciate your input. But I already have drop lower control arms. It came on the truck. Everything else is stock up front. Should I change it to stock lowers, and drop springs and spindles? My problem is I need to get the back to ride better. So should I go to a flip kit? It has drop leafs in it. I really want to make it ride better and sit low enough for 20's with no fender gap.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Chisholm, I haven't heard that name in a long time. Yes I would remove all their stuff if you want it to ride good.
I would do stock arms, spindles, springs and a flip kit. Sell your stuff and see if you can buy that persons stock arms and leafs.

River Runner

Reaction score
Chisholm, I haven't heard that name in a long time. Yes I would remove all their stuff if you want it to ride good.
I would do stock arms, spindles, springs and a flip kit. Sell your stuff and see if you can buy that persons stock arms and leafs.

Sounds good crash. Thanks. I want it to ride better and sit lower and it doesn't sound like that will happen with this stuff.