Chevy k1500 auto to manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
I have a 98 z71 k1500 that's automatic, I'm just wondering and asking for advice because I'd like to switch it to a 5-speed manual, I'd say 6 but idk if its possible and it's probably to expensive. But anyways, what all would I need to buy do etc mainly what transmission do I need for the 4wd manual cause I was reading and to drop the T56 it's way to much money and I'm not that skilled with transmissions... Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
I looked at that write up and thats what made me think i might need the NV4500 instead of the T56 because of the 4wd complications, is it around the same process to put it in? I have the L31 5.7 350 as i assume you know, if there is a write up or another thread on the NV4500 that gives me a lot of info please link it cause ive been looking and i have yet to find one. Thanks