Cherry Bomb Pro vs Thrush Welded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowride55

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here and I need help making the decision between these 2 mufflers. I have a 96 GMC Sierra 305 2wd SCSB and want a little more sound out of it. Is there much of a difference between the sound of these? And how loud are they? I also want to know how much drone they make while cruising. I'm planning on just putting it in place of the stock muffler with a couple of 2.75 to 3 adapters into a 3 inch muffler and keep the tailpipe. Also, since this truck has 2 3/4in piping what size muffler should I buy? 2.5 or 3? And do I need the adapters? Thanks

redneck98

All the girls wanna ride!
Reaction score
id have to say cherry bomb. i have the vortex and love it no drone at all. id get 3 so it will slid right over the pipe for a goo easy seal

slowride55

Reaction score
Ok what size of vortex did you order for your truck? Doesnt it have the same diameter piping as mine?

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
My father had a Thrush si/do with no tail pipes on his 98 with a 305 and it sounded amazing. I'm personally not a fan of Cherry Bomb.