Cheap cowl hood.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
i think u should get it and plasti dip it.... it'll enhance the tool persona you're workin on there bein an aggie and all :p

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ya'll should see the ole skool IROC style hood....it would be badass to run your air intake off each side like that. Here's a pic of a glass hood just to give you an idea.

You must be registered for see images attach

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and just for evidence that these cowl hoods work, I watched a bumble bee get sucked thru one of the holes the otherday and found it on top of my fan shroud :lol:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
jajaja........I have my cowl vents glassed over to not allow any air to get in....and the svo scoop WAS ducted, but no longer, bout to pull motor again.

Cook, that wouldn't be too hard. You could make the flap out of lexan painted whatever color you want(or leave it clear), but the vacuum setup would be difficult. With vac present, it would be closed, lack of vac causes it to open.......but when engine is cut off, it's liable to pop open due to lack of vacuum. A cable-operated flap that runs off your throttle body would be much easier to control.