cheap and easiest way?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought a new harness from Mean Green, That way I never have to rewire it when it comes apart, and the lights get more juice so they are even brighter. The $100 or so ( I think it was), is worth me being able to just plug it up and go.

BTW : He can build in the 4 HI or 6 HI mod. Mine's a HD 6 HI harness.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
i know this is kinda sitty for other drivers, but i don't drive the tank on the road that much. i just bought 60w bulbs and ot the dremel out and filed the extra tab on the inside so it would fit the 55w socket. people infront of you do not appreciate how bright the 60w bulbs are..... but i sure do. i can't imagine how much of an ******* i'll look like when i load up 4 of these things. HAHAHA

astewart1995

ImAwesome
Reaction score
only if im flashed will these be used towards oncoming traffic. -my brights arent on- *FLASH FLASH*.... BOOM. there go your retinas. haha lesson learned

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
you could just wire a set on the back to get those guys who are behind you when they're being an *******..... :p

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
used broken bulbs as sockets for stock harness then14 gauge wire to relay 14 gauge to the headlights with plugs i got from junkyard and modded them for the bigger wire and 10gauge from the batt to relays. not all that hard to make if ya know how to solder and how relays work. dont knwo if harness helpd the flicker or it was the swap to diode but ive got none now. may be that mines a 95 and they changed the headlight harness later years idk