Catalyst Monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOWHNT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've driven my 99 Suburban hundreds of miles now trying to get it to complete the drive cycle and it won't complete the catalyst test. I've tried all kinds of methods. Anybody have a suggestion? This is for CA smog.

BOWHNT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've driven my 99 Suburban hundreds of miles now trying to get it to complete the drive cycle and it won't complete the catalyst test. I've tried all kinds of methods. Anybody have a suggestion? This is for CA smog.

I found this on the CA Bureau of Automotive Repair. Why didn't the smog shops tell I could have one monitor not ready on a 99?

You must be registered for see images attach

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Some of those smog techs only know enough to pass the certification to be able to smog cars. ive schooled smog techs a few times. Last smog tech tried to tell me my timing was off on an old accord I got..... he was looking at the wrong timing mark ( white mark is TDC, red mark is where its suppose to be at)

BOWHNT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news! Got it smogged today. Turns out in CA you ARE allowed one monitor not ready for gas vehicles 96-99. Wish I had know that 500 miles ago.