carrier bearing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i need to replace my carrier bearing and theres like 20 different ones with different size centers....how do u know which one it takes without taking the oem out and measuring it?..its on a 96 ecsb 350 w/4l60e...

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok well ive replaced the carrier bearing and raised it half inch, i moved the rearend back an inch on the link bars also and theres still a bad bad shake on takeoff then it calms down to a vibration...the tires in the back are bad but were in the front and it still did this, im replacing them tomorrow but could the pinion angle cause that bad of a shake, i know it will vibrate going down the road but damn this thing shakes crazy bad...btw it bagged on a 2 link with bags on bar and a panhard bar....

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it happen at all heights? If so I would guess that 2 link is installed incorrectly. Have you check the pinion angle at ride height?

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya for the most part..i mean how do u screw up mounting a 2 link? seem pretty straight forward imo...also where should the pinion angle be at ride height? i know theres sum tolerance but what range is optimal? i knew i should have just saved for the infamous 3 link...but i havent come out of pocket yet for the suspension at all, ive managed to trade stuff or sale stuff for parts and trade work for work and parts....also the shaking isnt as bad lifted up tho even tho its pretty much still there just not as bad...

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine dont have them its just 2x2 with a 2x3 block on top...im gonna raise the carrier bearing another 1/2" an see if it helps at all...if not then ill get sum shims an try that....

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
I am not bagged but I have have my pinion angle set and 2 degrees negative (nose pointed down) I am at 4/6. I have no shake from take off on. It did take me a solid day of playing with it to get it right. Hope this helps.

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i raised the carrier bearing anothe 1/2" and it helped a little but im just gonna have to get sum pinion shims to straighten it out....ive got alot goin on at the moment so i have to wait till mid oct. before i can order them....