capable off road lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im looking to geat/build a very capable off road truck. i know theres a lot of bolt on kits so i just wanted to get some opinions and suggestions on a kit to go with or a way to build it. im looking for something to just be all around capable in all terrains. i have a 94 ext cab short bed. i dont want something thats jacked to the moon, i want to be able to clear 33's at least. and it's still gonna be a dd.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
The most capable way of lifting your truck to be able to take on any kind of terrain would be to do a solid axle swap to replace the IFS in the front. That however, requires a lot of work and money. Are you on a budget? Can you perform basic fabrication like welding and cutting?
Also, welcome to GMT400!!!

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i am on a budget and can preform some cutting but im not good at welding i.e. little to no practice

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For 33's and light offroading, trails and little mud the IFS is fine. If just wanting to run 33's and nothing to serious offroad a body lift would be my choice and with the extra money saved put in an actual locker in the rear diff. Will make the biggest difference offroad IMO vs which lift just to run 33's.

If wanting to upgrade to 35's go with the suspension lift now, then followed by lower gears and locker.