cant get a firm pedal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did a 14bl sf swap, and i put new break lines everything new and after bleeding and adjusting the drums i still cant get a firm pedal... could it be he gave me the wrong wheel cylinders but they fit ?

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
You probably still have some air in the lines. How many times did you bleed it? With all new lines you will probably have to go round 5+ times to get the air out. You may want to use a vacuum bleeder to get better results.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Are the rears adjusted enough? Tightening them up a bit will firm up the pedal. I don't know about the 14b's, but on the 10b's, with no adjuster hole in the back of the drum, it can be frustrating.

I've found that, for some reason, vehicles with ABS are a PITA to bleed. Especially after new lines have been installed.
Like Mihela said...bleed 'em, bleed 'em, bleed 'em.

Joesgarage

Wrench
Reaction score
Bleed them in this order about 4 times, RR, LR, RF, LF
I dont pump the pedal (or have helper)
Open bleeder push slow to floor and close.
You can use Mity vac deal or have it pressure bleed.

Last edited:

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You still have air in the system these truck can be a pain to bleed the best way I have found is by using a vacuum bleeder