Cannot diagnose this squeak. More than fed up and annoyed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
About a week ago, my truck started making a sqeaking noise coming from the front driverside suspension. Everytime I hit the tiniest bump, it sqeaks louder than you can imagine.

So I was convinced it was a bushing on the a-arms, so I lubricated them all, didn't do a darn thing, I thought my shock was blown, so i took it off and jumped up and down on the bumper and it still sqeaked. So today i drove it to my friends out and me and some buddies worked on it for about 45 minutes just oiling ever moving part we could possibly get our hands on, and it still squeaks just as loud.

I am out of ideas now. Honestly this squeak has gotten on my nerves so much that im just ready to buy a quart of motor oil and drench my entire front driver side suspension with it.

I need thoughts and opinions. my friends were convinced it was the ball joints but they are brand spankin new and were packed when they were installed. We all took turns jumping up and down on my truck trying to find the source of it, but we couldnt find it. It is so loud that it seems like its coming from all over the place. :Insane: I wasted an entire bottle of lubricating oil just on this one side.. Im out of ideas.

any thoughts?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine creaks an groans an squeaks all over the place since the lift. The only thing I didn't change was the a-arm bushings. I can oil then an they stop for maybe half a day. I just deal with it. Its annoying but short of replacing them idk what else to do. My leaf springs squeak too now...

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Mine creaks an groans an squeaks all over the place since the lift. The only thing I didn't change was the a-arm bushings. I can oil then an they stop for maybe half a day. I just deal with it. Its annoying but short of replacing them idk what else to do. My leaf springs squeak too now...

I mean mine always squeaked but barely, it was just very minor and barely noticable. Its gotten so much louder just out of the blue

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
My old truck did the same thing. I ended up replacing all the front suspension parts I was so mad. Needed it done anyway. In the end it fixed the problem. I think it ended up being the inner tie rod.

I oiled and oiled with no avail as well.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine never made a noise before the lift except a ball joint popping when turning sharp to park an everything was worn completely out. First trip out after the lift with everything new an it was noisy as can be. I wonder if its the metal sleeves in the bushings squeaking against the powder coat on the drop brackets?

I usually only hear mine when going slow in a parking lot. I'm thinking this spring or early summer I'll do poly bushings in the arms an see what that does. I might grind the powder coat out of the a arm pockets while its apart an put some heavy grease in there. I was hoping things might wear in some but its been over a year on mine an its still doing it....

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Poly bushings are known for excessive squeaks Paul. And Tristan, that noise could be from anywhere, noise can travel all over under a vehicle and play tricks on you. But have you checked the body mount bushings?

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Poly bushings are known for excessive squeaks Paul. And Tristan, that noise could be from anywhere, noise can travel all over under a vehicle and play tricks on you. But have you checked the body mount bushings?

Not yet. Ill double check it all tomorrow. Thanks for the input man

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ya I know, but I put the graphite impregnated ones in the 78 an they don't make any noise.... yet. You'd think my truck already has them with as noisy as it is...

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you have a grease gun? if so i would hit every fitting in the front end seeing that you do mudding with the truck

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine squeaks like a ****** also. I almost think it sounds like some old coil springs in cold weather. Makes me wonder if the torsion bars make some noise as well