Can someone get me a driveshaft measure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys was wondering if anyone could get me their driveshaft measurement and tell me what trans. they got or the driveshaft was behind? We need one for dad's truck and NO junkyards have oobs trucks so I'm thinking an os might work, same 27 spline yoke except for th400's and 4l80 i think which have 32 spline.

I think the 2wd short bed might be the best bet, but long bed guys, please post up too, 1 piece or two, stick shift or auto. Any would help, thanks alot.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe 4x4 long bed, I know 4x4 short bed would be too short, so ext. cab 4 door and 4x4, or reg. cab 2 door, and such.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does an ext cab shortbed 4x4 help any?

88lsx

Reaction score
mine was 60 " from the outside of the u joint caps had a 5 speed in it 88 rcsb

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's what I need. The one we got is 57 from end cap to end cap and it needs to be 60 inches so I need to find me one from an 88-98 with a 5 speed, I had somebody else tell me there's with 5 speed was that length. I wonder if it's 27 spline though. I guess it wouldn't matter much as long as the yoke could be changed.

88lsx

Reaction score
you will have to change the yoke mine did not have a 27 spline yoke you'll need a 700r4,GM TH-350, Powerglide, Super T-10/4L60E/4L60/T-56/M-21, Transmission, 27-Spline. here is a link to one http://www.summitracing.com/parts/STR-U1661/ this one will need a different u-joint to use with the truck drive shaft I can get the u-joint part # for you later this eve

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I already have 2 th350 yokes, but nobody has the 88 5 speed driveshaft anyways.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
RANT ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you guys how glad I am to be a member here, I put this thread up same time as one on another truck site and I've already got tons more helpful info and what I asked for then the other site. The other site has 2 pages of replies and all BS. I have to keep defending my choice to get a driveshaft measure and why I want one, then get schooled on measureing. Thing is I know my measures, I know what I need, I'm just trying to find what I need in a factory vehicle to swap into an 84. Reason being going from a long tail to short tail th350 which is exactly 3 inches shorter, thus me needing a 3 inch longer driveshaft period. Man they just kept on and on with questions, it was a total waste of my time. I even got some good answers on FSC!!! No questions and no BS, just measures as I asked for, I'm glad you guys are cool and really deliver. I appreciate all the help and guys feel free to keep the measure rolling in.