can cruise delete mess up my shift points?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RATFOOD

Reaction score
Hey guys shot in the dark here... A week ago i replaced my blinker switch with one that doesn't have cruise control on it (I don't like cc). I unplugged the wire on the old one at the bottom of the steering column. A week later I am having high shift points in all gears (700r4). Is there any way the shift problem can trace back to the CC delete, or do I need to start looking at other things?

1990 5.7l 2wd

Thanks!

RATFOOD

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the video. I pressed the button and tried to push the end/head back to the firewall but it was already all the way to the firewall. (I pulled it out and pushed it back in to confirm that it was released). I then turned to WOT but there was no ratcheting out. The end/head stays all the way back toward the firewall. You think my TV cable might have gone bad?

RATFOOD

Reaction score
OK then I just ordered a delco TV cable and gasket. I'm going to try to replace it this weekend and see if that will fix the problem. I hope its the type of job I can do without breaking something else! Thanks for your help!

RATFOOD

Reaction score
Well, I put the new TV cable in and now I can't get it to up-shift at all.. It looks like I am going to have to get a rebuild on this one. Thanks for your help Bulldog!