Can anyone tell me what this wire plugs in to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
well the verdict is.... I dont Fn know.... I dont get a measurement of voltage whatsoever so I dont buy that it has anything to do with the FP. but I'm not very knowledgable with all the electrical options on these trucks. I am logical though and cant make any sense of it.

Al
You will not have 12v there with the fuel pump running in normal operation, the relay closes the leg the other way and isolates the open test lead. Providing 12v to the test lead with the relay de-energized will provide 12v directly to the pump.

Last edited:

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
yes and yes Burb5.

thanks for the explanation JGlew. I understand relays and I think that makes sense to me. can I jump it from the fuse box with a test lead worry free? should I fab up an inline fuse just to be safe? LOL I'm just curious as when my FP died, (actually it didnt but instead a wire burned off inside the tank) it died in a Crappy Tire parking lot. how convenient. well I went and bought a spool of wire and a multimeter, actually the one I used today that is designated "For Burb Only!" I jumped the fp direct from the battery and knew it was fuked. if I could have just used a test lead from the multimeter it would have been so much easier to diagnose and I wouldnt have had to hack up the wiring. I know a lot of you guys have lowerd trucks but I m so glad mine is still at factory height so I can fit under it!

lol

this is good info to know... thanks

Al

Knightmare

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Can anyone tell me what this wire plugs into it comes off the wiring harness by the fuse box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don’t need it it’s never been hooked up. Passenger ejection button, blinker fluid level indicator, or maybe it’s the high low beam pulley. Lol just had a case of the mess arounds ✌️

DavidAlan

Reaction score
Am glad are just as many fools on here as there are in real life, see when GM decided to install wiring harnesses ,they used what ever they had available ,so you may have it for a 2500 or Malibu ,the many different empty plugins was like saving time and space, why make them for so many when they can make one and use for many. and this still done today with other manufactures.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Like in my 03 Blazer even. Didn't come with fog lights from the factory. Came with the switch pigtail (but not the switch) and fog light relay installed tho! Installed switch and forward lighting harness for fog lights. STILL can't use them because the Body Control Module was programmed for a truck without fog lights and can't be reprogrammed. :crazy:

So even though I wanted everything to look factory, I still had no choice but to use toggle switches to bypass the BCM. STUPID

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like in my 03 Blazer even. Didn't come with fog lights from the factory. Came with the switch pigtail (but not the switch) and fog light relay installed tho! Installed switch and forward lighting harness for fog lights. STILL can't use them because the Body Control Module was programmed for a truck without fog lights and can't be reprogrammed. :crazy:

So even though I wanted everything to look factory, I still had no choice but to use toggle switches to bypass the BCM. STUPID
That would be so frustrating.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk