camshaft deliberation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gustavison

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a GM 350 crate engine (330HP) that I put converted to TBI. I have to change the cam and have pretty much decided on a COMP 252XFI. I will also be using the LS6 springs locks and retainers as well as 1.5 rockers. the vehicle is a 48 chev Fleetwood with 700r4, 308 gear, and weighs 4040 lbs. My question is, has anyone used this cam that can give me some feedback good or bad. Thanks

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
stock tbi heads? i wouldnt go that big with tbi heads turthfully, can you do it yes, is it worth it eh not to its full potential. looks like a decent cam, summit sells a cam and lifter kit close to those specs for about 20 bucks cheaper.

oops my bad it s a crate motor so probably not crap tbi heads, you should be good, id see if you can get a retune if necessary to accomodate the cam. ls6springs and comp retianers will work amazingly also.

gustavison

Reaction score
thanks TylerZ28. Sorry I guess I should have speced the engine out. It has votec heads, 9.1 to 1 compression, and an rpm airgap intake. I have been looking into a chip upgrade as well, who comes highly recommended. thanks again

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
chip recomendations gearhead efi hit up eagle mark, i and alot of people have had bad experiences with tbichips.com so dont go there and the jet ones and such dont really work. with vortecs in stock form youll be fine with that cam, you should be close to fine with the springs too but l6s and comp retainers will be a better choice. id suggest a little polish work in the least if your pulling the heads apart, every little bit counts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975