Cam and other advice, vortec 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DESSERTNOVA

Reaction score
I would suggest keeping the fuel injection but upgrading from the central injector popet valve (spider injection) to the milti piont injector kit from delphi direct replacement. Carburetors are a royal pain in the rear they always need something like neighbors. Some folks are having good lick with the gm lt4 cam. Would definetly be worth a black bear tuning.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
HAH....thanks for that.....luv ya...........didja see them HUGE 3" true duals? LMAO

NO JOKE......EXHAUST PLAYS INTO IT AS WELL.....AH fuckk the cap lock.......sorry

domino effect......*** with one thing you have to *** with the next.......and blablabla bla bla.

THINK about what you want to build.......and how you want it to act........only then can you determine what is necessary........

honesty is really the best,.....and the cheapest, policy........ego be damned

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Waiting for the OP to come back and answer questions about the truck for cam selection.

Chris253

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have not checked the codes yet for the gear ratio, and I do plan on using a higher stall based on the cam.

My engine is getting line honed and balanced right now, getting anxious.
I'll most likely give black bear a call and see if they can recommend anything. I've never built anything fuel injected and I really have no idea how much these things can deal with. Kinda seems like Chevy screwed up on that system

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Spider assembly inside the intake was the dumbest idea they had on the Vortec. Not only a pain in the ass to service but severely limits intake options and power capabilities.

Fuel injection is a great platform for making good power while maintaining MPG.

If your doing a full out build I'd seriously look at spending the cash on a manifold with external injectors that works with the Vortec heads. It'll be pricey but allow you to run regular injectors and removes the power limitations from the fuel system. Especially if you add an adjustable FPR right at the end off the feed line coming into the engine bay. With that plus a 0411 PCM power potiential jumps way up.

Stock fuel, intake and PCM holds these trucks/engines WAY back.