Cab Utility Lights on 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to install utility lights on top of my cab like the duallys and 2500s have. However, I want to get some clear ones and put red LEDs in them. How would I wire these up and will I need resistors for the LEDs? Also, where can I find some clear led cab lights I can't find any to fit our trucks.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
First off, like I said in your other thread about the 4-corner mod, i would advise against putting red lights in the front of your truck for safety reasons.

The best way to accomplish this is to buy a cab clearance light kit, pacer makes add on sets or if you can find the parts you can install OEM lights. I did that in my truck years ago, here is the write-up http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?117-Cab-Light-Install

If you use direct plug in 194 lights you just need to plug them in, no other modifications required.

Clear cab light lenses are all over ebay.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Resistors are only needed in the turn bulbs so the flasher operates correctly.

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks bud yeah I posted these at the same time so I wasn't even thinking about the whole police/firefighter thing. What would you guys do...clear or amber?

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go with the clear lenses and amber bulbs in the lmc magazine so I can just get everything for $50. They are 38-1076. Thanks for everyone's help.
You must be registered for see images