Cab Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I think I will just use the ones that came with it because the well nuts are 3 bucks a pop and I really dont want to spend another twenty bucks on that. So Im just still confuse on two things......
1 Do I need to get a little extra wire to ground them to a screw?
2 What the hell do I mount the bulbs to?

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I just am lost on my a harness the Pacer kit said it came with everything but I have no idea where to put the bulbs!

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
There should be a socket that slips into the rubber piece then the wires go thru the 2 small holes, the ground wire will be long enough to ground to the back screw, some people say to use a well nut to get a better seal so it dont leak, i never used well nuts and never had any leaks

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just am lost on my a harness the Pacer kit said it came with everything but I have no idea where to put the bulbs!

What do you mean? How to wire them? They are just wired in series, I'm not totally sure about the pacer kit but from your pics you take the long red wire run it across the roof and use the red splicers to hook into it for each light. Then that wire goes to the switch that came with the kit or the brown wire on the back of the headlight switch. Dont drill all the way through both layers of the roof. On the driverside right beside the sunvisor mount is a 1" or so hole already in the lower roof skin. Run your wires up through that.

If you use the well nuts you will have to run a ground wire exactly like the red one to ground each light. If you use the self tapping screws I guess you just ground each light on one of the mounting screws. I used a GM harness for mine and hooked the positve (red in your case) to the brown wire at the headlight switch and the ground (black or whatever color you use) to the black wire right beside the brown one. You can get two more of those red splice connectors to make that connection as well.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
If i could afford it id just come show you how to do it but i cant afford the extra gas right now, unless you wanna drive to phoenix haha