C2500 ExtSBDD build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update. Done a pretty serious amount of miles in first 13 days of daily driver use. 1150 miles. 100 miles after build I took the kids on a 470 mile spring break trip to Wisconsin Dells and truck barely missed a beat. Remember I bought this truck in September and stored it all winter and built it in March and started dailying it 3/26. Suspect previous owner used it as occasional weekend driver at most so been keeping a close eye on everything and been pretty good all in all. Not disappointed but not impressed with stiff ride. Could very well be urethane bushings installed in everything or could easily be rear spring pack. In comparison my 98 LB1500 has a 4 leaf rear spring pack(3 with a helper) and my 96 SB2500 has a 5 leaf rear spring pack(4 with a helper). Just when I lean towards rear pack I feel a big hit through steering wheel. Also occasionally I’ll get kinda a pogoing effect between front and rear ends, almost always on concrete surfaces. This reminds me a bit of a 2016 HD3500 I drove at a previous job that had a rear shock recall. Has anybody complained about Belltech Street Ride shocks? Is it possible Belltech front springs aren’t as progressive as factory springs? Rear spring pack would be easiest to change but really thinking of swapping back to OEM rubber bushings in everything when I get around to replacing worn out steering box. Really trying not to make holesail changes here and trying to think through this logically. Honestly the ride shouldn’t be much different than factory other than 3 factors. Shocks are shocks for the most part right so it’s down to (1) the urethane bushings, (2) the front springs not as progressive, or (3) the 20 inch 50 & 55 series wheels & tires in my mind. Obviously all 3 are factoring in but gonna do my best to narrow it down. Really leaning towards rear spring pack at the moment.

Last edited:

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This should have been the first thing done I like it so much. Great to see down the road at night and really changes appearance. While LED or halogen would be cool 1 I’m too cheap and on a budget at the moment cuz I still need a head liner, carpet, bed cover and some type of stereo and 2 I need to see them in person and I question the quality also. These cost $205 for all 3 after tax from Summit.
Anzo 111004 clear headlights $91
Anzo 211017 chrome Euro tail lights $39
Anzo 511032 chrome parking lights $33
The headlights come with bulbs the rest don’t and need to reuse the board or bulb panel of stock tail lights.

You must be registered for see images attach

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few more

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, being 100 percent honest I was very mixed on the tail lights and bought them with reservations. My stockers are scratched and dull and I know they could be polished but I thought a $39 dollar experiment was worth the try. I do like them a lot more than I thought I would. Maybe it’s just the chrome standing out front the green or maybe it’s just the different than stock look.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trucks looking good, but I agree with everyone about the tails. Have the same ones on my trucks but in black with smoked lenses, the black with the smoked lenses and the chrome with smoke lenses are the only 2 in that style that look good imo, the clear lense ones look off.

Last edited:

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess I can see where you guys are coming from. I was hesitant to get em initially due to every car with a big wing seems to have similar looking lights. I do like the added shape of them but that really doesn’t match the contours of the body all that good either. I do like em, maybe it has something to do with my old daily maroon OBS that I drove for almost 10 years had the same dull lights and was just colorless so this is such a change for me.