C2500 ExtSBDD build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s finished before box installation. See if you knowledgeable see my glaring mistake. Will address later if/when I take leaves out of the rear pack since i ain’t gonna be using it like a 3/4 ton is meant too.

You must be registered for see images attach

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at gas station to wash it after driving it around in all the salt and line was too long. Will go back later tonight. Pretty decent undercarage spray at this particular car wash. Been nice and warm and will be for foreseeable future but need some good rainfalls to wash the roads down of all the salt before I regularly drive it. Probably Easter realistically. Not a rust free truck but if i dont have too drive it I ain’t gonna

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the rear 4 inch drop done. Front in another week or so. Looks like I got a box full of dirt now. Call it a baby drop cuz I know most of you go 6 plus.

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit of a cross roads for me and I would appreciate some feedback from anyone that see’s this. This is the wheel I’ve chosen and ordered up. Vision Legend 6, 20 x 9 in gun metal with polished metal outer and lip. My thinking was a shiny chrome bling wheel would be too much on a truck that isn’t a show piece.
My dilemma is the gun metal portion. Should I have it painted the gold color of the lower 2 tone or leave it gun metal? Im stuck on the idea of it matching the gold but am I being too picky???

Last edited:

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Progress report. Only had one day this week to work on front drop and as I got part way into it I was informed by the wife we had no hot water ending my work on the truck shifting into water heater handy man. I did get passenger side apart, ball joints out and urethane bushings installed and control arms back in but that’s as far as I got. Beginning to wonder if urethane bushings are worth the hassle and expense. Check this out the front LCA bushings need to be trimmed down quite a bit. Comes 4 all same size but 2 different size collar tubes.?. I just trimmed it down to fit and I had to grind a little bit of the longer collar tube to fit into front LCA mount.

Plus I’ve gone into a few shops for various things and pretty much every one of them said urethane bushings are for race cars. On a pickup the performance gain will be minimal at best and just ruin the ride. What are you guys thoughts?

Last edited:

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive run urethane bushings in many many things over the years. Dailys, race cars, trucks, muscle cars, etc.

These days, on non-performance driving or all out race cars, i stay rubber. No squeaking noise, reduction in NVH in the interior, longer life.

That being said, they DO make a handling improvement.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just swapped out the original rubber-bushed rear suspension arms on my Mustang for boxed poly-bushed arms. I can now tell that the bearings in my diff need replacing. The ride isn't much harsher, but the road noise is. Still, I'd do it again because I autocross the Mustang. If it were just a DD I wouldn't.

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Would this space on the new MOOG pitman arm make any of you nervous?? Old one didn’t have any space. Initially after I installed and torqued I thought it didn’t look right and pulled it off cleaned everything real good and reinstalled and torqued again with no change in gap. My wrench only goes to 150 but I used a breaker bar to go extra so gotta be in the 185ft lb range probably more. I did put anti seize on splines. Thinking out loud now if the steering wheel got turned some how when arm was off but the arm and shaft has 4 even sized grooves at 12-3-6-9 anyways doesn’t it. Plus steering seems normal travel now. Guess I’ll check the old arm closer when I get home tonight.

Good progress report coming soon plus story’s on a couple giant mistakes coming soon.

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a couple weeks of working a few hours hear and there I’m finished. Seems like everything fought me the entire way. I knew it wasn’t gonna be simple but ended up a lot more effort than I expected. Not impossible but I am so glad I was able to take my sweet time and didn’t have to stress over finishing it. All new steering components, ball joints, and urethane bushings. Big day tomorrow, wheels and alignment. I’m really digging the plain rim look more than I thought. I already purchased other wheels but some 20 inch raw finish Detroit steelies would be awesome maybe someday

Last edited: