C2500 ExtSBDD build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been awhile, truck has been running pretty good. Got a little sidetracked cuz I picked up a second daily driver. Got me a soul-less adult car, nice low mileage 2010 4 cylinder Toyota Camry. Great time to have a CDL, tons of work out there. Still plan on driving the Chevy a lot during nice seasons but second car will take some load off and I can start addressing other things and not be time crunching jobs.

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Gutted interior and reinstalled front seats. Basically just have door panels and under carpet insulation with floor mats in it for now. Pulled carpet to pressure wash it and pulled headliner to be replaced/redone. All the panels came off ok. Broke very few tabs actually so should go back together ok. Turns out don’t need to pull panels to remove carpet(other than door sills) but needed to for headliner. Also headliner slipped out passenger door pretty easily with no seats installed

Last edited:

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple important things here. I noticed my windshield leaks along the top in heavy rains, check out the water stains on headliner bye visors. Also my H-Vac box would leak water on passenger floor after a big rain or a car wash. Not sure if that is from the windshield or if I have another problem. My buddy has done auto glass for 20 plus years so he’s gonna help me out probably next wed/thurs. He does great work for beer. Little worried, no noticeable rust bubbling around windshield that is visible but being told that rust is the most likely culprit. Hopefully no horror story coming, crossing fingers here. There is a shop near me that will redo headliner but not sure on price yet. Hopefully be reasonable, if not I’ll spring for the nice PVC ones I think.

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carpet separated from insulation nicely without tearing that all up. I pressure washed it this morning but didn’t seem to have much success with the rusty looking stains. Left it on saw horses to dry and was dark when I got back home so will get some after pictures tomorrow. Was hoping that was pop or coffee but seems more like rust. Other than staining carpet isn’t in horrible condition wear wise, no holes or super worn area’s. Is carpet coloring an option?? Seen people color dark carpets but what about lighter or tan colors? Want to try some Oxy-Clean and another round of pressure washing again. Need to vacuum up dirt and inspect more but floor pans look pretty nice.

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how necessary this is but since insulation is so perfectly intact figure I’d post a picture if anybody is redoing and needs to see what it’s supposed to look like for rear panels. The 2 most rearward tabs bye the rear window are the tabs that broke on both sides on the larger pieces. Wondering if I can do some type of JBWeld repair hear. There has to be 6 or more other tab points in the pieces so maybe some strategic double sided tape will get the job done.

Last edited:

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also need to research and maybe reach out to a few audiophiles I’ve seen on the site for mainly rear speaker ideas. Stock stereo at moment but may as well tackle rears now with no panels on. Seen higher quality 4x6s and think 6x9s are an option with mods but aren’t round speakers ideal? Guessing 6.5 in door with tweets and maybe a higher end 4 in rear and one sub could b made to sound pretty nice. Basically what can be put in rear with what kinda work. Always have disliked speaker grills so not sure I want to cut panels but maybe don’t have much of a choice

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Before and after. Cleaned pic was taken about an hour later in the day time wise but both days had bright sunshine. Did something but stains are stains I guess. A buddy swears by Oxy-Clean so gonna try that and a scrub brush and shop vac on worst spots then pressure wash once more. Was told by someone that aftermarket carpet backing is nowhere near as nice as factory. Factory stuff is thick but still pliable.

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got leaking windshield fixed. Mostly good news. Paint released from primer on top bye passenger side that was causing leaking. Very minimal actual rust. Picture makes it look rusty but that’s dirt. Having a buddy that does glass is a godsend. New windshield and supplies cost $68. Glass company cost is a whopping $39. He tried to get me a Pilkington 15 I think is what he ideally wanted but wasn’t available. I basically had to force him to take $100 and still feel like a cheap ass cuz it was 95 degrees out when he did this. He used an abrasive pad on the tiny rust area’s and primered em up good before reinstalling. What he called rust look more like dusty areas to me. I was imagining rust bubbles and bad pitting when he first said that rust was the most likely culprit of the leaking. Even with his Spyder Wire Orange Bat windshield removal tool we couldn’t save the old windshield. Would have been great to throw that one in my 98 that has cracked recently but o well. It’s enough work and he gets em for cheap enough so not a big deal.

Last edited:

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I work really slow. Final before and after. Pictures aren’t oriented same direction but made quite a difference. Pressure washed 2 times then 3rd time I mixed up a bucket of Oxi Clean and used a scrub brush and did the entire thing once again working on basically 2x2 foot areas till I covered it all then used a powerful spray handle on hose to flush everything out. Couldn’t believe the amount of dirt that washed out with the Oxi. Tried a rust remover on driver side rear passenger and was really worried I slightly bleached it and made it pink when it was wet but dried out ok. Nevertheless I regret trying that rust remover but not a disaster anyways. Biggest difference now is the sun fade around the transmission tunnel. Gonna install tomorrow or Monday. I’ll take pictures of the intact factory sound deadening/insulation when I pull the seats back out. Still haven’t brought headliner to shop yet.

Attachments

• D9D6D426-F058-40A5-A6AB-22153E5517AA.jpeg
    D9D6D426-F058-40A5-A6AB-22153E5517AA.jpeg
    557.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 1A19C9EE-7CFE-4D52-947A-FB01B4A025F6.jpeg
    1A19C9EE-7CFE-4D52-947A-FB01B4A025F6.jpeg
    649.1 KB · Views: 3