C1500 w/t

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhtracy58

Reaction score
Good evening, I have a 96 c1600 w/t, and just bought a 98 k1500 with all the bells and whistles. Got it cheap since frame cracked. Question is will the power seats etc fit in the 96? Second question is this 98 has a 5.7 vortex with only 22000 on a jasper engine( have paperwork) anyone know what's it worth. Thanks for reading.

_slxck

Reaction score
Which cab configuration is either truck? A single cab with a bench seat won't have the two inner holes for buckets/captains chairs. As far as putting power seats in a truck that doesn't have them, you're probably going to need to run wiring from the donor truck. I'm not sure if the w/t would have a connector somewhere in the dash harness for the seat wiring or not, I kinda doubt it. Personally, I swap out power seats for manual. Seat motors are way too slow and a pain in the ass when the battery is dead. It can't be too complicated to wire up yourself tho if that's what you'd like to have.

Value of a Jasper? Where in PA are you? I tend to shy away when I hear "Jasper" as I've heard too many horror stories about they're rebuilds. I don't have any firsthand experience to tell you the truth. I had to buy a vortec 5.7 last year and most junkyards around here in eastern PA wanted $8-1200 for a low mile motor with a 30 or 90 day warranty. I took the cheaper route and spent less than half that amount on a rotted to **** 1 ton express van, pulled the motor, sold the cats for more than I paid for the entire van and then over the scale it went.

OBS Oregon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good evening, I have a 96 c1600 w/t, and just bought a 98 k1500 with all the bells and whistles. Got it cheap since frame cracked. Question is will the power seats etc fit in the 96? Second question is this 98 has a 5.7 vortex with only 22000 on a jasper engine( have paperwork) anyone know what's it worth. Thanks for reading.
Did your C1500 have the 5.7 or is it the 4.3 vortec engine? Hopefully you have airconditioning in it.