bushwacker cut out flare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking into installing a set of bushwacker cut out flares on my 88 k1500. the reason is because I am going to do a sas which will net about 3" lift and I'm gonna run a set of 37x12.5x16.5 that I already have. So my question is how hard are they to install? I see that they are held on by just a small self tapping bolt into the sheet metal would that pull out easy? Also does anyone have experience running these flares and if so what are your thoughts? Thanks all replies will be greatly appreciated.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I see yall are both from massive2sh!ts lol. I saw these flares on a truck down the road from where i work and wondered how hard the install was. If i can remember to, I'll stop by there next time i see it and ask...

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a set that look like the stock ones but stick out further than stocks,they attach with self tapping screws once they are on they stay tight to the fender they are for sale also.And on our 99 nbs silverado we have the ones with the simulated bolts around them and those attach with the stock plastic push pin holders have had them on for 3 yrs with no issues of them coming loose

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where in mass you located?

About 20 mins from Amherst.

I have a set that look like the stock ones but stick out further than stocks,they attach with self tapping screws once they are on they stay tight to the fender they are for sale also.And on our 99 nbs silverado we have the ones with the simulated bolts around them and those attach with the stock plastic push pin holders have had them on for 3 yrs with no issues of them coming loose

Thanks do you have any pictures? I have a set of oem on there now but will need the bigger wheel opening and wider wheel coverage with the axle swap and 37s i plan to run, the bushwackers say they are 5" coverage.
here is a pic of the one I already have on the truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

Not the best picture but its the only one I have right now that shows the flares.

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'll take a few pics when the rain stops

Thank you no rush on the pic I will be using the front leafs out of a 3/4 ton 47" will that be any different height over half ton i plan to keep the 64" 1/2 ton springs in the rear and do a 4" shackle flip to level the truck