brake line size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to replace the brake lines going from the master to the abs on a 97 Tahoe. Anyone know if there is a pre bent line from a store? Or what size is it for the front brake line from master to the abs.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wanna day 3/16th but don't quote me on that. As far as prebent lines I don't know of any..

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take a set of calipers of to your truck and measure the line would be fast and easy....even a tape measure will work in a pinch..

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Yes, pretty sure its 3/16....but, the ends may be a special size. I would imagine GM dealer can get the pre bent piece with the correct fittings

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Used my reloading caliper and the front to the abs is 1/4" and the rear is 3/16". But Poncho you are correct about the special fittings. I'm going to have to get those in the morning.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's the other way around. The line for the rear is actually the front of the master cylinder and it's 1/4 line.

Then the rear of the master is for the front brakes and that is 3/16.