Brake lights stay on, hazards won't flash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
My brake lights are staying on even when the truck is off. When I push the hazard button the lights all come on but do not flash. Right turn signal does the same thing. Left turn signal works fine. When I try and use the hazards or right turn signal I get a brief "buzz" coming from somewhere under the dash. I have my door dinger pulled so it's not that. So far I have replaced the flasher unit under the dash, brake switch, and the turn signal/hazard switch. I've tried pulling every fuse and relay I can find for the brake lights but they refuse to turn off. Any one have any ideas? I'm guessing there is a crossed wire somewhere under the dash but I'd really like to try other possibilities before I start tearing the dash apart.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Have a good look at the trailer wiring harness at the rear of truck, pretty well had an identical situation with the hazards, but my brakes light stayed off.

Check for bad grounds.. broken wires..etc

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Have a good look at the trailer wiring harness at the rear of truck, pretty well had an identical situation with the hazards, but my brakes light stayed off.

Check for bad grounds.. broken wires..etc

Thanks a bunch! That turned out to be it. I couldn't believe the amount of rust and corrosion I found inside the plug. I ended up replacing both the plug and about 4" of wire just to be safe.