Brake indicator light stuck on!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK. Again I feel like a retard trying to keep up with you guys, but I'm learning!
The OBD1 is pictured above, what does OBD1 mean? I need simple terms! I'm taking notes!!!!
So would the OBD1 have pins A-L?

OBD1 stands for On Board Diagnostics I, but pretty much anything 1995 and newer has OBDII which is a whole different monster. To jump the pins just take a little piece of welding wire or hell even a paper clip will do the trick! If you want to do that, i can try and dig up the exact procedures for pulling it for ya!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The RWAL is useless except for when pulling a trailer, it supposed to decrease jack-knifes. I just blew the fuse in my scan-tool by plugging it in with the ignition on....what a useless tool when my CEL won't come on until AFTER engine braking. But I think I've figured why it does it, when engine braking the IAC tries to decrease the rpms the computer is seeing while the tps is at "idle" position. In short, the code it'll prolly pull is the "ecm is reading higher idle rpm than expected"....blah!

On another note, Mean Green, your message center is full, says you need to perform a spring cleaning :evillol:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The RWAL is useless except for when pulling a trailer, it supposed to decrease jack-knifes. I just blew the fuse in my scan-tool by plugging it in with the ignition on....what a useless tool when my CEL won't come on until AFTER engine braking. But I think I've figured why it does it, when engine braking the IAC tries to decrease the rpms the computer is seeing while the tps is at "idle" position. In short, the code it'll prolly pull is the "ecm is reading higher idle rpm than expected"....blah!

On another note, Mean Green, your message center is full, says you need to perform a spring cleaning :evillol:

:lol: That's probably why I haven't gotten a PM Lately! I cleaned er' on out :biggrin:

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Is this the box? Which harness do I unplug? Or do I unplug both?
Side note, any idea what this cut wire would be for?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that is the black plastic box next to the prop valve that's the RWAL box and you unplug the 2 plugins on it and then slide it off, I had to hit mine with a hammer to slide the box off it was stuck on good.

here's pics of mine gone...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

TUCSONDUDE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahh the power of search,

had a brake light problem after cruising down a bumpy dusty road..

pulled the rwal connectors, sprayed with some electrical cleaner, and problem solved!