Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Also a possibility, but given the condition of the truck I'm gonna assume it did not live an easy life.

Just because the interior is trashed doesn't mean the motor is garbage. Take a peek under a valve cover for that. Some folks have strange ways of showing love for their vehicles. Others don't, in which case trashed interiors etc are excellent indicators.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I guess if things work out here in the next couple weeks I'll have my mind made up.

I am debating something though, I've been in contact with Delta Cams and I'm debating between a cam from them or coughing up for a Comp Cam, probably something like an XR270 or close to that.
Aren't there a couple guys here running cams from Delta? What's y'all's thoughts on them?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh! I should also add, I finally ordered balljoints, Mevotech TTX and holy ßcheisse are they beefy and nice! I've got Proforged pitman and idler arms on the way too, trying to scrimp and save for Kryptonite tie-rods next. Still trying to figure out my steering box options.

@Caman96 was it you that installed the Cognito braces on your front end? I've been looking at them and heavily considering them but I couldn't remember if anyone on here had direct use with them.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh! I should also add, I finally ordered balljoints, Mevotech TTX and holy ßcheisse are they beefy and nice! I've got Proforged pitman and idler arms on the way too, trying to scrimp and save for Kryptonite tie-rods next. Still trying to figure out my steering box options.

@Caman96 was it you that installed the Cognito braces on your front end? I've been looking at them and heavily considering them but I couldn't remember if anyone on here had direct use with them.
I did and front end is still tight as when it was all installed.
Check this out:

Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did and front end is still tight as when it was all installed.
Check this out:
I guess I need to scab a steering box from a truck in the yard, I was talking to someone who works at a local parts store and he mentioned there's some guy in the next town over who rebuilds all sorts of steering gear.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll help if you let me out of this god forsaken basement!!! Your tub of nacho cheese is starting to smell weird and puff up
This wouldn't have been a problem if you would've just eaten the tub when I put it down there.
You down there with all your friends?

You must be registered for see images attach
Johnny is the only one I could lure down into the cellar.