Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Brody what taillights are you running? I spotted them in another post and they're what I want.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Brody what taillights are you running? I spotted them in another post and they're what I want.

Multipost for you too because the site is being a POS right now.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

They're eBay lights; I think the brand is MB Motoring or something like that. I've got like $120 into them so far between initial purchase, the Cree LED reverse lights and a shitload of silicone around the seams.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I thought it was only me, the site has been super slow lately and double posting for the past couple days. :confused: It works fine for a minute then goes back to being slow AF. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really need to get off my ass and start throwing money at this thing.

Junkyard trip scored some decent stuff, I found some metal tailgate straps and I somehow managed to break one, could I disassemble the cable straps and use the mounts on those and just replace the cable with the metal ones?
You must be registered for see images attach

Replacing door handle and door lock motor

Parked up next to my dad's LB7

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm curious what your fender lip heights are now. I finally got the right springs into my truck and have 38" on one side, 38 3/16" on the other (due to suspected bent frame), about 37 1/8" up front both sides. I have the same rear leaf packs as you with 285/70/17 tires which are the same as 285/75/16 at 32.8" when new. Truck looks sooo much better, I had a 5+1 in there since last year but it sagged like a ***** ass stock half ton being a mish mash of hammered stock and God knows what aftermarket.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got 38" all the way around, debating on cranking up just a little and throwing a small block in the rear.
Front;

Rear;

Also, I was crawling around underneath checking everything out and I'm trying to figure out my air-bag mounting situation.
The parking brake cable and diff breather are somewhat in the way of the bump-stop. So I'm not sure how I'm going to mount them. I'd like to do the u-bolt flip, but I can't find a clear image of GMT400 air bag mounts to clarify where they're gonna set.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for that. Looks like the truck is sitting as it should. I left some rake in there on purpose for hauling.

Your airbags will go where the bump stop is now. I know on my dually the parking brake and diff vent don't interfere with anything. Do you have the bags already?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for that. Looks like the truck is sitting as it should. I left some rake in there on purpose for hauling.

Your airbags will go where the bump stop is now. I know on my dually the parking brake and diff vent don't interfere with anything. Do you have the bags already?

Not yet, there's some other things I need to take care of before I can pull the trigger on a set of bags.
Got a picture of how they're mounted on your truck?

How's the ride quality in your K1500?
I think there's starting to be a combination of worn out bushings and worn out shocks in my truck that's going to need addressing soon.