Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I gather only the 3500's got the slide off drums.

My father's ECSB C2500 has slide off drums, it's a semi float. Or are you saying there were FF with slide off drums?

My 2000 CCSB is a 2500 and has slide off drums
You must be registered for see images attach

That looks like a semi float pumpkin. 14blt FF has a more distinct "Aztec pyramid" popping out of the bottom. Could be wrong though, not the best picture for this.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
My K3500 SRW has 3.5” “slide off” drums. Although I will say the originals were a press fit over the center bore. The replacements I got are a slip fit.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is entirely possible that if I cleaned everything up, the originals (they weren’t that rusted) would have slid on, but I can say the clearance was much greater with the replacements I got from NAPA. I scrapped the originals the other day so now the world will never know....

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
It is entirely possible that if I cleaned everything up, the originals (they weren’t that rusted) would have slid on, but I can say the clearance was much greater with the replacements I got from NAPA. I scrapped the originals the other day so now the world will never know....

There are two center bores available. I'm not sure of the applications, but I'd assume one is for front mounting and one for rear. My slide off drums are a tight fit, just not an interference fit....unless rusted. I keep antisieze on them so it's no problem removing them.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are two center bores available. I'm not sure of the applications, but I'd assume one is for front mounting and one for rear. My slide off drums are a tight fit, just not an interference fit....unless rusted. I keep antisieze on them so it's no problem removing them.

Wouldn’t the front vs rear mounting drums have a different cone, or hat, shape to them?