Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Discussion in 'Member Trucks' started by BowtieBrody, Apr 9, 2017.

1. AK49BWL

AK49BWL OBS Enthusiast

I admit I wasn't around back then, started in 2013.. The real problem, as I see it with OTR, is the way you're paid. Mileage isn't worth crap, more because the companies screw you any way they can than anything else.. My first OTR job I was paid by the load and feel I made pretty decent money, second job was by miles and didn't pay worth crap. Nowadays I'm paid hourly and drive no more than 300 miles a day, home every night, 5 on 3 off, 12 hour shifts.. Literally don't think there's an OTR job that could pay better than I am now, and sleeping in my own bed rather than a truck's is something that can't be beat.

2. BNielsen

BNielsen I'm Awesome

Well I started looking at the broken exhaust hanger earlier today; it looks like there's a small piece of pipe that's split from where the hanger broke free from the pipe. So now I'm debating on going from 2 1/2 inch pipe to 2.75.
    I'm not sure yet, I may just have the hanger fixed and have long 3.5 inch tips welded on to hide the 2 1/2 inch piping and throw a pair of big Magnaflow glasspacks on.
    I'm just nervous the glasspacks will be too much volume wise.

3. BNielsen

BNielsen I'm Awesome

@andy396, I did some research on my rims; they're 16x9 Eagle Alloy 186 Series rims with I think 4.5" backspacing. I got backspacing info from Custom Offsets so I can't guarantee it's 100% correct.
    [​IMG]

It looks like the closet thing available to this is a Mickey Thompson Classic rim....which there's also a set of genuine M/T Classic IIs for sale near me for $300.

98chevy2500SS likes this.
  4. andy396

andy396 I'm Awesome

Thanks for looking further into this. I gotta get mine back on the road before I can spend any money of pretty things like wheels. I really like your eagle alloys!

BNielsen likes this.
  5. 98chevy2500SS

98chevy2500SS Bowtie 'Til I Die

Those Eagle Alloy's look noice! :rockit:

BNielsen likes this.
  6. BNielsen

BNielsen I'm Awesome

Yeah I figured you'd be a ways off from churching it up, but you had me thinking about the specs on these.

They need work, I'm pretty sure they'll need acid washed, wet sanded, and a lot of heavy polishing to get them back to 100%, there's a lot of oxidation and caked on brake dust from the previous owner not maintaining them.

andy396 and 98chevy2500SS like this.
  7. Supercharged111

Supercharged111 I'm Awesome

I see what you did there.

98chevy2500SS, andy396 and BNielsen like this.
  8. Mangonesailor

Mangonesailor I'm Awesome

That's basically what I have, and you've heard my truck. But, there are some times were I think it's a wee bit loud in the cab. Windows-up isn't too bad really. Some sound deadener or maybe just undercoating under the bed to keep it from vibrating would probably help though.

If I could find the time to science I'd see if it's worth it. Ain't even got a roof of my shed yet.

BNielsen likes this.
  9. andy396

andy396 I'm Awesome

10. BNielsen

BNielsen I'm Awesome

Plus your truck doesn't have cats right? I'll be running a set of magnaflow high flow cats, so I guess it won't be too terrible.

Those Procomps are a good choice. They're both pretty close in terms of appearance, I was about to buy a set of those 1069s but then I found those Eagle Alloys for half the price.