Booster and MC interchange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe pics will help. Grey is OBS Black is NBS
You must be registered for see images attach

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Looks like a NNBS would actually work. huh. interesting.

Klutch45

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the NBS MC or brake booster interchange with the OBS stuff? I think I need to replace both. The NBS booster is less than half the price from GM. I also like the reservoir design on the NBS.
Hey man how you doin
I just saw your thread on the gmt400,gmt800 master cylinder/booster swap go ? Did you ever find the correct info ?

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
it's kind of like pissing in the wind, it might work and it might not. just because things bolt up doesn't mean that will actually work right.

lots of people claim (generally C1500's with shìtty brakes) to have seen a positive result from blindly changing the MC.

lots of other people have found mismatched brake parts to be down right dangerous when their trucks didnt stop like they thought it would.

so theres a bunch of different brake RPO codes. if you want to swap brakes you need the entire system for whatever RPO codes you decide to go with.

otherwise fix what's broken and you will have good brakes again.

Last edited:

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I know that Iv read that alot and yeah the brakes sucked on my old 94 burb until I realized it needed new pads/rotors/drums/shoes and a couple bottles of brake fluid bled through it. then it was a million times better and actually stopped.

my brakes work great on both of my trucks.

I know my 97 burb is a heavy sum beach and it has JB6 brakes. if I stomp on the brakes shes stops reasonably well.

everything except the brake booster was replaced on my 98 sierra before I got it by my buddy and he had a shop bleed the brakes since he needed to bleed the abs and didnt have the capability. this truck also stops quite well even though it has the smaller JB5 brakes.

the abs works great on both of these trucks and I exercise them as often as I can.

Hell I'm never in a hurry, dont tailgate anyone, almost never speed and am definitely a defensive driver. impatient people dont like to drive with me. I wonder if that why my brakes work just fine?

LOL