Bogs down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Martin

Reaction score
Too little information to diagnose over the internet. But always have to check the basics when it happens: spark, fuel and air. Compression is likely not a possibility. You have to "catch it on the act," you know what I mean?

It may be losing fuel or something about spark advancing/retarding, but could also be some vacuum leak that happens intermittently? A scan tool with Live Data is a MUST on these type of problems! Fuel trims is what I would check. Ideally should be < 15%+\- on the long term. If both banks are lean or rich, then likely a fuel delivery problem.

Also check all other sensors and their output values obviously, such as MAF, TPS, MAP, O2s, etc. Good luck.

I do know someone who has the necessary equipment to do all that.

Scott Martin

Reaction score
Too little information to diagnose over the internet. But always have to check the basics when it happens: spark, fuel and air. Compression is likely not a possibility. You have to "catch it on the act," you know what I mean?

It may be losing fuel or something about spark advancing/retarding, but could also be some vacuum leak that happens intermittently? A scan tool with Live Data is a MUST on these type of problems! Fuel trims is what I would check. Ideally should be < 15%+\- on the long term. If both banks are lean or rich, then likely a fuel delivery problem.

Also check all other sensors and their output values obviously, such as MAF, TPS, MAP, O2s, etc. Good luck.

I had the codes scanned twice, the first time there were 7 of them so I cleared them out and drove two more days and the only one that popped up was the PO1345 code which is the crank/cam correlation code.. More than likely the timing is off. So I have a buddy that has the right scanner to check the retard on it and I will give you guys an update after I see him.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 99 Yukon randomly bogs down when trying to get up to cruising speed, it usually starts around 50mph or so. I have to ease off the gas or take my foot off completely, if I give it gas it acts like it's starving for fuel. It usually takes about 10-15 seconds to clear itself out and when it does its like a flip of switch and then it's fine until the next random time.
What is the fuel pressure when driving?
How old are the spark plugs/plug wires/cap/rotor?

As said, a REAL scan tool would be a huge help. Look at the data stream including misfire history.

the only one that popped up was the PO1345 code which is the crank/cam correlation code.. More than likely the timing is off.
Changing the crank/cam correlation does NOT change the timing.

Timing info is taken from the crank sensor, not from the distributor position.